With its golden pagodas that shimmer in the sun, temples, majestic rivers and maroon-robed monks, Myanmar is one of the original bucket list destinations. Stunning sights like the beauty of Inle Lake, bustling Yangon city and the thousands of temples that scatter Bagan’s countryside are only matched by the friendly charm of Myanmar’s locals. Uncover its unique culture, people, and landscape with a package holiday to Myanmar with Qatar Airways Holidays.
- Marvel at the gold leaf, gems and eye-catching diamonds that decorate one of Buddhism's most sacred sites; the huge Shwedagon Paya Buddhist temple in Yangon.
- Climb 760ft up Mandalay Hill to see the impressive views of Mandalay from the top.
- Take in the intricate carvings and engravings that adorn the majestic Shwe In Bin Kyaung monastery.
- Visit Ananda Pahto, one of the finest and largest temples in Old Bagan.
- Enjoy the scenic views as you float over Bagan at dawn in a hot air balloon ride.
- View the sheer scale and beauty of Saddan Cave, which has been decorated with dozens of Buddha statues at the entrance, wall carvings and some pagodas.
Myanmar Holiday Packages
With a seemingly endless list of things to do and see, Myanmar is a dream for all kinds of travellers. Hassle-free holiday packages to Myanmar with Qatar Airways Holidays include flights and hotels; leaving you with more time to plan your itinerary to visit and explore lively markets, stone-built holy monuments, boat rides and sweeping beaches. Tailored to meet your needs, you can choose the very best accommodation from a full selection of luxury hotels.
Culinary packages to Myanmar mean you can discover everything traditional Burmese food has to offer. From top dining spots in Yangon to street food, cafés and teahouses, there are plenty of places to experience Burmese cuisine. Expect to try T’amìn (rice) with every meal, as well as hìn (Burmese-style curries) and athouq –a signature salad.
Good to know
Burmese, with English spoken in main tourist areas
The best time to visit Myanmar is from November to February when temperatures are cooler and more comfortable. It’s worth booking your package holiday to Myanmar with Qatar Airways Holidays well ahead, as this is the most popular season to travel.
Check visa and passport requirements before you fly.
- Explore Inle Lake, where floating gardens, stilt-house villages, Buddhist temples and fishing boats are the only interruption to its vast, serene waters.
- Roam around Yangon, passing the historical charm of colonial-era buildings, an enormous marble Buddha and lots of lively markets as you go.
- Sail down the remote Chindwin River on an expedition that takes you past riverside villages, old wooden tea houses and monasteries.
- Take advantage of the easily arranged hill treks in Hsipaw, before enjoying the laid-back atmosphere, quiet streets, and intriguing history of the town.
- Whether you head to the trinket-laden stalls of Myanmar’s markets, its artisan boutiques or modern shopping malls, you’ll find lots of shopping options in Myanmar.
- There are many festivals and events held throughout the year in Myanmar. See the giant paper balloons float into the sky at the popular Taunggyi Hot Air Balloon Festival, or join the locals robe-weaving at the regular festivals that take place around the full moon.