Hong Kong,Asia and the Pacific
Old meets new, east meets west - Hong Kong is a blend of ancient traditions, divine food and mind-blowing shopping opportunities. Visit the Tian Tan Buddha sat high on a hill behind a monastery, meet the boat people of Tai O, or marvel at the delights on offer at the Temple Street night market. In the evening board an authentic Chinese sightseeing cruise and sail around one of the world’s most impressive natural harbours.
Qatar Airways Holidays are on hand to help you create the perfect experience for your trip, whether it is your first time to Hong Kong, or you're a regular visitor to this extraordinary island.
Hong Kong Holiday Packages
Whether you are stopping over for a few nights during a Far East holiday, or if this is your final port of call, Qatar Airways Holidays can find the holiday package that is right for you. With so many activities a tour package can help you see everything you want to during your stay.
Let one of Qatar Airways Holidays culinary packages introduce you to the tastes of the east, while you simply sit back and enjoy the atmosphere.
Good to know
Hong Kong dollar
Hong Kong Experiences
- Shopping in Hong Kong is immense, and you really can ‘shop till you drop’. There are malls where you can buy ready-to-wear Chinese jackets and luxury brands, chic boutiques tucked into side streets, and bazaars and markets selling everything from antiquities and gadgets to bespoke kitchen knives. Hong Kong doesn’t have sales tax, making shopping even more attractive.
- The city is forever changing, yet 5,000 years of Chinese traditions and 150 years of British colonialism has had its influence on this unique destination. Glittering skyscrapers are backed by emerald green peaks. When you look down from Victoria Park you will see the sparkling water of the deep Victoria Harbour.
- However, if you want to escape the commercial mainstay, venture to the New Territories. Stroll along the Ping Shan Heritage Trail and pass though villages full of historic Chinese buildings, such as pagodas, temples and ancestral study halls.
- You will find an incredible range of cuisine in Hong Kong and a huge number of restaurants. It can be baffling where to start but the specialities of the region are where you might want to begin. These include stuffed, roasted suckling pig, snake soup, shredded octopus and tofu. However, if none of this is to your taste there are plenty of European, Vietnamese and Cantonese restaurants you can try.
- Hong Kong’s skyline is one of the best in the world, especially at night. The Symphony of Lights show begins at 8pm every evening. This interactive light and laser show is set to music and includes 33 key buildings on both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. It is not to be missed.