Now the largest city in the world and home to over 24 million people, Shanghai is a futuristic wonderland that boasts one of the most impressive skylines of any city on earth. An economic powerhouse that’s become one of the most forward-looking cities in China, visitors will be amazed at Shanghai’s incredible size and the vast amount of life teeming through its streets.
With world-renowned restaurants, a growing rooftop entertainment venue scene (where the view is just as important as the décor) and a reputation for being one of the country’s trendiest cities, there’s so much to see and do here, you’ll probably need at least two visits to take it all in. With a package holiday to Shanghai with Qatar Holidays Airways, you can get to know this fascinating metropolis.
- Stroll along the Bund (Wai Tan), a picturesque promenade that runs along the Huang Pu River and is home to rows of stunning new buildings, plenty of street stalls, and locals out for an evening walk.
- Climb the Shanghai Tower – which boasts the highest observation deck in the world – for incredible views of the dramatic Shanghai skyline.
- Get a feel for the unique local culture by taking a walk through Fuxing Park, where you’ll encounter the locals taking part in open-air dance classes, selling wares, exercising, and playing games in lush, natural surroundings.
- Explore the boutiques on Dongtai Road, home to an array of antique, art, book and memorabilia stores. The variety of goods on sale is astounding, and there’s plenty of pieces that you’ll find nowhere else on earth.
Shanghai Holiday Packages
Shanghai is a city of fine living, comfort and absolute luxury. Consequently, there’s no shortage of spectacular hotels to stay in. With holiday packages to Shanghai with Qatar Airways Holidays, you’re assured high-end accommodation that’s only minutes away from the heart of the action. At the end of a busy day exploring the city, we want to ensure that you’ve got the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Our culinary packages to Shanghai also give you the opportunity to tap into the city’s peerless local cuisine. Known for its use of fresh seafood, the traditional method of pickling ingredients and combining of distinctly different sweet and sour flavours, no trip to Shanghai is complete without exploring its restaurants and street stalls.
Good to know
Chinese with English spoken in main tourist areas
Shanghai experiences four distinct seasons. Winters are generally cooler, with temperatures occasionally dipping below freezing. Summers are hot, with average highs of around 32°C and occasional rain. Spring and autumn are often considered the best times to visit the city - with autumn being the warmer and drier of the two seasons.
Shanghai Holidays Experiences
- Catch a performance at Shanghai Circus World, where acrobats, magic, circus tricks, clowns and musical performers compete for the attention of a spellbound crowd.
- Cruise down the Huang Pu River and see the city from a different perspective. Having played a central role in both the city’s history and its rapid expansion, the river forms an essential part of Shanghai’s identity.
- Explore contemporary Chinese art with a trip to Moganshan Road - the artistic heart of Shanghai. As well as several galleries, many renowned artists maintain studios here, so it’s always possible that you’ll walk in on the making of a modern masterpiece.
- Experience the thrills of China’s first Disneyland Park. A unique blend of traditional Chinese culture and the magic of Disney, this theme park really is unlike any other.