Though Hangzhou is modernising rapidly, it retains much of its charm, natural beauty and tradition. Often thought of as the most beautiful of the major Chinese cities, it’s an elegant and charming city with strong spiritual, artistic, and commercial traditions that continue to this day.
Home to some of the world’s finest silk and hand-painted fans, Hangzhou is the perfect place to find a bargain or appreciate artworks by some of the country’s foremost artists. Centred around the iconic West Lake and within easy reach of mountain retreats, the city remains very much in touch with its natural heritage. A package holiday to Hangzhou with Qatar Airways Holidays offers you the opportunity to explore this authentic and atmospheric city at your own pace.
- Take in the peaceful of the West Lake and discover why it has inspired poets, artists, and scholars for generations, and is now one of China’s most visited tourist attractions.
- Explore the buzzing streets of the modern city and immerse yourself in a vibrant music scene, sample delicious local cuisine, and explore the city’s many shopping opportunities.
- If you want to get away from it all, head out to the nearby Longjing tea fields or the UNESCO-listed Tianmu Mountain Scenic Area and unearth the region’s spectacular biodiversity.
- Take part in some adventure activities at the Thousand Island Lake, where water-skiing, speedboating, climbing, mountain biking, and trekking are all on the cards.
Hangzhou Holiday Packages
Holiday packages to Hangzhou with Qatar Airways Holidays give you the freedom to explore one of China’s most picturesque cities, without having to worry about every last detail. With one of our package holidays, you’re guaranteed a stay in the finest accommodation in the city.
With our culinary packages to Hangzhou, you’ll be introduced to the unique take on Chinese cuisine that defines the local culinary scene. Want to discover more about this unique destination? Guided tours, excursions and adventure activities are all easy to arrange, and will help make it a holiday you’ll never forget
Good to know
GMT +8 hours
Chinese with English spoken in main tourist areas
Hangzhou is known for having four distinct seasons and pleasant temperatures all year round. Summers are generally long and hot, with high humidity. Winters are colder, with average temperatures of between 2-10°C, and much drier. Spring is cool, with plenty of rain, and autumn is warm but prone to stormy conditions. This makes spring and early summer the most popular time to visit the city.
Hangzhou Holidays Experiences
- Explore the grounds of the Hangzhou China Fine Art Academy, where you’ll discover works by some of the country’s most prominent artists.
- Tour the Lingyin Temple, one of China’s most important Buddhist monasteries. It’s also one of the oldest buildings of its kind in the country and a major pilgrimage site.
- Take a trip to nearby Shanghai and experience what living in one of the biggest cities in the world entails. Home to over 24 million people, the city is a regional and international powerhouse, and visiting is a thrilling experience.
- Visit the Longmen Ancient Town, one of the only examples of a feudal Chinese towns left in the country.