Guangzhou is an ancient city that’s taken massive strides towards modernisation and now presents itself as one of China’s biggest success stories. Once known as the port town of Canton, Guangzhou has always been a diverse city in which cultures collided. This remains true to this day, and there’s a distinctly cosmopolitan and very international feel to the city’s streets, markets, restaurants, and shopping centres. Packed full of landmarks, fascinating archaeological digs, ancient temples and restaurants offering world-renowned Cantonese cuisine, Guangzhou is the very definition of modern, metropolitan China.
What better way to discover it than with a package holiday to Guangzhou with Qatar Airways Holidays?
- Discover the intriguing history on which modern Guangzhou is built, by visiting some of the city’s excellent museums and galleries. The Guangdong Museum, the Folk Craft Museum, and the Museum of the Western Han Dynasty are among the top museums in the country.
- Stroll around Shamian Island - a leafy, peaceful park district in the River Pearl, where rich, foreign merchants built grand homes and wide avenues to replicate the styles of their home cities.
- Climb Baiyun Mountain and discover a little slice of paradise on the edge of the city centre. Boasting fantastic views of Guangzhou, the mountain is home to several interesting temples, pagodas, and lakes.
- Sometimes referred to as ‘the factory of the world,’ Guangzhou is a bargain hunter’s paradise. It’s home to plenty of shopping centres and independent stores, as well as an enormous number of wholesale markets.
Guangzhou Holiday Packages
If, after a long day exploring the wonders of Guangzhou, you want to return to a luxury hotel and relax and unwind in absolute comfort and style, we’re here for you. Holiday packages to Guangzhou with Qatar Airways Holidays allow you to discover the city at your own pace, in your own way, safe in the knowledge that you’re going to be looked after.
Our culinary packages to Guangzhou include everything you need to sample the finest dim sum, sweet and sour chicken, and wonton noodles. Guided tours can be arranged to take you around the city’s most iconic landmarks, or on an excursion out into the surrounding countryside. Whatever you need, we’re here to help.
Good to know
Cantonese, Chinese with English spoken in main tourist areas
The principal airport in the region is Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN). It is situated approximately 28km north of the city centre
Guangzhou is known for its hot and humid summers. Temperatures reach an average high of 33°C in July and August, while rainfall peaks in May and June. Winters are typically cool and dry. In the coldest months, average temperatures fluctuate between 10-18°C. Snowfall is extremely rare.
Guangzhou Holidays Experiences
- Take a tour of the Pearl River and dine out on a luxury cruiser as you wind your way through the city’s waterways.
- Catch a show at the world-famous Guangzhou Opera House. One of the biggest theatres in the country, it attracts top talent from across China and all around the world.
- Time your visit to coincide with the Spring Festival Flower Fair that's celebrated during Chinese New Year. The city is decked out with beautiful flower arrangements, there are theatrical, and dance performances and fireworks fill the air.
- Watch Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao Football Club play in the Chinese Super League. One of the fastest growing and most popular sports in China, the Chinese football leagues are breaking onto the international scene, with Guangzhou as one of their biggest teams.