Sydney is not the capital of Australia, but it’s certainly one of its most important cities, and is home to some of Australia’s most iconic sights. The Harbour Bridge and the unique Sydney Opera House are the backdrop for national celebrations at New Year. During the rest of the year Sydney welcomes millions of visitors and tourists, all eager to discover more about this amazing country. Qatar Airways Holidays fly you to Sydney on the latest aircraft, and can put together a package that includes your flights and accommodation so you can make the most of your time here.
Sydney has a reputation as one of the best cities to live in, with a diverse and multi-cultural population and a reputation for outstanding culture and music. It’s also proud of its sporting facilities, making it a great base for a city break. Close to much of Australia’s natural wonders too, it’s also an ideal location if you want to explore a little further afield. Qatar Airways Holidays bring the attractions of Sydney closer to the rest of the world, with a selection of package holidays to Sydney for solo travellers, couples, and families.
Sydney Holiday Packages
Sydney has year-round appeal. Qatar Airways Holidays to Sydney offer you the best of this cosmopolitan city, with everything from culinary packages to simple flights and accommodation deals for all budgets. Choose from large hotels right in the centre of the city to boutique B&Bs that give you a real flavour of the diversity and culture of Australia.
Browse the selection of Sydney holidays from Qatar Airways Holidays and make your trip down-under one to remember.
Good to know
The best times to visit Sydney are September through November and from March to May. These months skirt Sydney's high and low seasons, offering visitors comfortable temperatures and manageable tourist crowds.
Sydney Holidays Experiences
- Sydney Harbour: Central to life in Sydney is the Harbour area, where all of the city’s greatest assets can be found. A tour of the opera house must be at the top of the list of things to do in Sydney, along with a visit to the Harbour Bridge and a trip around the harbour on one of the many ferries and cruises. If you’re here over the festive season then make sure you head down to the harbour on Boxing Day for the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.
- History and art: While Sydney is a very modern city, there are still signs of the ancient Aboriginal civilisation that was here for thousands of years. You can see rock carvings in the Royal National park, watch a display of traditional dancing at the Bangarra Dance theatre, or check out contemporary Aboriginal art at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- Outdoor activities and beaches: The great outdoors is hugely popular, and Sydney packages with Qatar Airways Holidays let you explore the best of outdoor pursuits such as cycling, kayaking and surfing at the nearby Bondi Beach. Even if you’re not a fan of surfing, the beach is a great attraction for families, and Sydney has plenty of beaches to choose from.
- If you like things a little more relaxed then Sydney has a surprising amount of open spaces and parks for you to enjoy. One of the favourite spots for locals is Bradleys Head. Take a ferry to Taronga Zoo wharf and then head out along the promontory. A short walk will take you into pristine bush, tranquil beaches, and fabulous views across the harbour.
- Head back into town for some superb shopping, or a chance to relax with a coffee in one of Sydney’s many cafés and restaurants.