Food, fun and flowers are three words that could be used to sum up Canberra. Located on the south-east corner of Australia between Sydney and Melbourne, there’s plenty to see and do in this east-coast city that loves its laid-back lifestyle and welcomes visitors with open arms.
The capital of Australia and home of its parliament, Canberra is gaining a reputation as the nation’s coolest city – and it’s not just because of the pleasant year-round temperatures. It’s a cultural hub with a choice of museums and galleries to visit. Each year the area explodes into a rainbow of colours as the spring flowers come into bloom.
It’s also an important centre for agriculture, so you’ll find delicious local produce gracing the tables of the many top restaurants and hip cafés in the city. And if you’re yearning for the beach, the soft white sand and crystal clear waters of Jervis Bay are only a two-hour drive away.
Whether you’re travelling as a couple or with the family, package holidays to Canberra with Qatar Airways Holidays let you make the most of all that’s going on.
• Get outside to enjoy the great outdoors with an abseil down the huge granite outcrops at the nearby Namadgi National Park, try paddle boarding on Lake Burley Griffin, or hire a bike at Stromlo Forest Park
• Discover the many native flowers and plants at the National Botanic Gardens in Canberra, where you’ll find over 6,000 Australian species growing
• Keep your eyes peeled for koalas, kangaroos, emus and wombats during a bushwalk in Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve, 40 minutes drive from the city
• Sit back and enjoy local, seasonal food and drink at the many restaurants, bars and cafés.
Canberra Holiday Packages
A pleasant climate and gorgeous natural surroundings make Canberra a prime destination for anyone looking for an active holiday. There’s plenty of cultural attractions, and some of the best locally-grown food to tempt those who enjoy the finer things in life. Holiday packages to Canberra with Qatar Airways Holidays offer you choice and flexibility. Opt for spacious self-catering apartments that will feel like a home from home if you are travelling with family or as a group. Or choose a stay in a luxurious designer city centre hotel for a holiday for two that you’ll remember for years to come.
If food is your thing, choose a culinary package to Canberra to sample the local and international flavours of the city. Braddon is the city’s hippest neighbourhood where you’ll find plenty of cafés and restaurants to choose from, or quench your thirst after a tour of a family-owned vineyard and enjoy a meal on the farm.
Good to know
GTM +11 hours
Canberra Holidays Experiences
• Indulge in your passions by booking your package holiday to Canberra to coincide with one of the many festivals held in the city. From literature and music at the Canberra Writers Festival and the National Folk Festival to the famous Floriade festival of flowers and the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, these special events add an extra dimension to your visit
• Make science fun for the kids (and you) at Canberra’s Questacon. Here you can create your own tsunamis and explore the physics of rollercoasters, bringing science to life
• Uncover the rich aboriginal history and culture at the National Museum and National Gallery of Australia in the city
• Experience extreme sports from rock climbing to mountain biking in the local nature reserves and parks. or take a walk to spot some native wildlife
• Canberra Day celebrations take over the city on the second Monday in March. There’s night markets, street food and concerts in the park to keep you entertained if you book your visit at this time.