Boston Holidays,United States Of America
The phrase “something for everyone” could well have been created for this fantastic holiday destination. Boston is one of the oldest cities in America, defined by its rose-coloured Georgian buildings and impressive universities. However, it isn’t stuck in the past; despite its European colonial appearance. Boston is very innovative and modern, as well as being one of the epicentres for innovation and technology in the USA. In addition to museums, art galleries and historic sites, you’ll find green and spacious parks, 21st-Century attractions for all the family, and glittering skyscrapers. The whole panorama is watched over by the lazy flow of the Charles River.
Package holidays to Boston with Qatar Airways Holidays are a superb way to familiarise yourself with a city that really does have something for everyone.
- For a fascinating family day out, pay a visit to the New England Aquarium. In addition to thousands of fish, you’ll see everything from delicate seahorses and iridescent jellyfish, to graceful turtles and streamlined sharks. The aquarium is also the embarkation point for whale-watching catamarans.
- For a taste of Boston’s colonial past, head to the North End. A network of narrow streets and red-brick houses, it’s also the best place to dine Italian-style. You’ll find authentic pizzerias, restaurants and cafés serving freshly-cooked food.
- If you have any budding botanists in your party, a trip to the Boston Public Garden is a must. Among the beautiful blooms, you’ll find a series of sculptures, including one dedicated to the humble duck.
- If you’re travelling with children, spend a day at the Museum of Science. While it was designed with young Einsteins in mind, there are more than enough hands-on exhibits to keep grown-ups entertained too.
Boston Holiday Packages
Boston welcomes an estimated 20 million domestic and overseas visitors each year. Despite the large numbers and the city's compact size, it rarely feels crowded, and the underlying atmosphere is laid back and friendly. Shopping in Boston is eclectic, ranging from street-corner farmers’ markets to sleek and chic shopping malls. There are some beautiful hotels offering a slice of luxury to your package holidays to Boston with Qatar Airways Holidays, and some wonderful ways to relax, such as hiring a swan-boat and cruising one of the lakes on Boston Common.
The city’s gastronomic scene is exciting and vibrant and culinary packages to Boston are an excellent way to ensure you sample all the food-related highlights. Enjoy everything from home-cooked cannoli in an unassuming café, to delicate dishes served in a sumptuous restaurant.
Good to know
120V 60 Hz
United States dollar
There’s no such thing as a bad time to visit Boston, as every season shows a different side to the city’s character. However, sun-seekers should aim to book their holiday packages to Boston with Qatar Airways Holidays between May and October. During these months, temperatures start in the high teens, before peaking at around 30°C in August.
Boston Holidays Experiences
- SoWa Open Market is a treasure-trove of arts, crafts and local produce and perfect for anyone looking for some serious retail therapy.
- Boston’s position means it’s only a short trip to the nearby beaches. Plum Island and Crane Beach are popular, offering sun-bleached sands and sapphire-blue seas. You’ll also have access to the picturesque Cape Cod and the islands off its coast.
- Bostonians are passionate about sports, and a trip to Fenway Park stadium is a must. If you’re able to get tickets for a Red Sox game, you’re in for a treat. However, if not, a behind-the-scenes stadium tour is equally rewarding.
- The Boston Public Library is breath-taking and impressive. The oldest and largest public library in the city, it holds rare manuscripts, old maps and an astonishing array of books.