Atlanta Holidays,United States Of America
Home to almost 6 million people and a rising star as a film location and production centre, Atlanta is also a superb holiday destination. While it might be a huge city, Atlanta is broken down into neighbourhoods, each of which feels like an individual town, with its own character, sights, and cuisine. You’ll find wide, open spaces, historical monuments, and plenty for younger visitors to see and do. With a bubbling art scene, there’s a huge variety for culture enthusiasts from exciting theatre shows to fascinating museums.
Package holidays to Atlanta with Qatar Airways Holidays are a superb way to explore this city, known locally as ‘The Jewel of the South’.
- If you’re a fan of live entertainment, make your way to the Fox Theatre. Big-name comedians, bands, musicals and theatre shows play here regularly, so you’re sure to be able to catch something for all the family.
- The High Museum is a great way to uncover Atlanta’s culture and history. Packed with activities for younger visitors and with regular jazz nights, it’s an easy way to spend some quality family time together.
- To escape the hustle and bustle of the city, head to Piedmont Park. Hire a bicycle and see the lush greenery from the comfort of your saddle. The park has its own Botanical Gardens, and there’s always a festival or two to discover.
- The Georgia Aquarium is a fascinating day out. Home to over 120,000 marine creatures, you’ll see everything from penguins and seals to graceful turtles and mesmerising sharks.
Atlanta Holiday Packages
An eclectic city, every neighbourhood in Atlanta is different from the next. If you’ve got any shoppers in your group, they’ll be delighted at the sheer range of retail opportunities. Huge malls offer big-brand items, while quirky, boutique shops and bustling markets offer the chance to buy unique, handmade goods and local produce. Cafés are important in this city and the café culture is everywhere you go. Sit and watch the world go by or enjoy a tasty pastry or a light lunch.
Package holidays to Atlanta with Qatar Airways Holidays wouldn’t be complete without sampling the local cuisine. Our culinary packages to Atlanta will see you tasting everything from traditional fried chicken or biscuits and gravy, to elegant Korean dishes, served in refined restaurants. The cuisine is very multi-cultural, reflecting the melting pot that makes up the population.
Good to know
United States dollar
To make the most of the weather, book your holiday packages to Atlanta between March and May, when the temperature is comfortably warm and outdoor events are in full swing.
Atlanta Holidays Experiences
- Midtown houses the Centre for Puppetry Arts; one of the city’s most unique attractions. In addition to being a fascinating and hands-on experience, the centre also features the World of Puppetry Museum, which holds the biggest collection of Jim Henson artefacts and puppets in the world.
- Whether you’re an experienced snapper or like to take photos with your mobile, Jackson Street Bridge will make you look like a professional. Head there as the sun’s going down and get your camera ready. With the city skyline in front of you and the lights of the traffic below, there’s no such thing as a bad picture here.
- Get some fresh air, walking the Atlanta Beltline. A hiking trail that passes through 33 miles of beautiful greenery, it’s peppered with public art, photogenic panoramas, and outdoor events, such as free yoga classes. Book your package holidays to Atlanta with Qatar Airways Holidays in September and you’ll see stretches of the Beltline lit up, as part of the annual Lantern Parade.