Buenos Aires Holidays
Buenos Aires Holidays,Argentina
Buenos Aires is a lively, energetic and glamorous city, lined with cobbled streets that wouldn’t look out of place in a Charles Dickens novel. The architecture is gloriously eclectic, combining imposing churches and ornate public buildings with sleek, modern constructions and humble, traditional dwellings. Tree-lined streets erupt into blossom-blooming colour, and the smell of spicy cooking is a permanent perfume. Buenos Aires’ population is made up of welcoming people who are passionate about their city and are always delighted to share it with visitors.
Package holidays to Buenos Aires with Qatar Airways Holidays are the perfect way to enjoy a city where there’s a surprise around every corner.
- For a hefty slice of Argentinian culture, pay a visit to the Centro Cultural Kirchner. Once the city’s post office, the beautiful neo-classical building now houses works of art from creative luminaries and a range of free activities for adults and children.
- If you have any shoppers in your party, whisk them down to San Telmo Market. A treasure-trove of handmade arts and crafts, the market is held every weekend and is as popular with the locals as it is with visitors.
- Buenos Aires is filled with green and glorious parks. Be sure to visit the Parque Tres de Febrero, covering over 1,000 acres, the park is famous for its rose gardens and lakes and plays host to a number of other attractions, including the City Planetarium and Buenos Aires Zoo.
- To enjoy the city from a different perspective, take a tour of the Tigre river on one of the many river-buses. Virtually unspoilt, you can expect to see dense, green islands, shimmering tributaries and plenty of vibrant birdlife.
Buenos Aires Holiday Packages
While there are plenty of things to see and do, Buenos Aires hasn’t succumbed to the demands of tourism and still provides travellers with an authentic South American experience. Aside from the many museums, art galleries and beautiful parks, you’ll find attractions for younger visitors such as the Coast Park amusement park, packed with enough rides to keep children entertained for a whole day. If you’re taking your package holidays to Buenos Aires with Qatar Airways Holidays and want to add a slice of the high life to your break, you’ll find some excellent luxury hotels housed in historic buildings throughout the city.
The city's food scene is continually evolving, and culinary packages to Buenos Aires are the best way to make sure you experience the gastronomic highlights. Buenos Aires beef is world famous for its tenderness and is cooked to perfection, whether you sample traditional bife de chorizo from a street vendor, or enjoy a succulent entrada in a refined restaurant.
Good to know
Argentinian Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian, German
Buenos Aires Holidays Experiences
- See the city from the comfort of a saddle. There is a superb array of cycle routes throughout the city, taking you past many of the historic attractions and through some of the prettiest parks.
- Join the locals in a game of dominoes at an outdoor café. Dominoes is taken very seriously so prepare to pit yourself against skilled tacticians while enjoying a strong coffee.
- The city’s necropolis, the Cementerio de la Recoleta is a fascinating attraction. Among the hundreds of tombs and final resting places, you’ll find the monument to the famous First Lady of Argentina, Evita Peron.
- Catch a thrilling polo match at the Campo Argentino de Polo. The country’s most famous sport, it’s thought to be one of the oldest in the world and is certainly one of the most exciting.
- If you want to enjoy good sightseeing on your holiday packages to Buenos Aires, book your break between March and May or September and November.