Situated in the vivid blue water of the Aegean Sea, the vibrant, sun-drenched island of Mykonos beckons you with its diverse charm and an incredibly warm welcome. Home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, outstanding entertainment, beautiful white-washed buildings, and delicious cuisine, it’s one of the most glamorous of all the Greek islands.
From the bustling maze-like streets of Mykonos Town to its 25 pristine beaches, a package holiday to Mykonos with Qatar Airways Holidays takes you to a destination that’s at the top of most people’s must-see lists, and one of Greece’s most popular holiday locations.
- Relax on one of the island’s many beautiful beaches, some of the best include Agios Ioannis Beach and Fokos Beach.
- Enjoy the party atmosphere of lively Paradise Beach.
- Wander around the white-washed, rock-like exterior of Panagia Paraportiani, Mykonos’ most famous church.
- Explore nautical history at the Aegean Maritime Museum, which displays everything from navigation instruments to a huge lighthouse lantern.
- See some of the island’s iconic 16th-century windmills turn on the hill overlooking Mykonos Town.
- Visit Tourliani Monastery in Ano Mera’s taverna-lined square.
Mykonos Holiday Packages
With secluded coves and sandy stretches enlivened with water sports and music, Mykonos’ beaches are its biggest natural attraction. Away from the shoreline, there’s plenty of history and entertainment to satisfy every taste. Whether you prefer boutique hotels or beach villas, holiday packages to Mykonos with Qatar Airways Holidays will create your perfect getaway.
Discover the traditional cuisine and best places to eat on the island. From the beachside tavernas to sophisticated restaurants, you can expect to be served delicious and traditional Greek cuisine such as dolmádes, moussaka and souvlaki.
Good to know
Greek. English is also widely spoken.
The best time to book your package holiday to Mykonos is between spring and early summer (April to June) or in autumn (September to mid-October). You can enjoy warm sea waters and sunny weather during these months.
Mykonos Holidays Experiences
- Spend an afternoon strolling down the narrow lanes of Mykonos Town (also known as Hora). As well as its windmills and church of Paraportiani, the island’s capital also boasts cool galleries, chic restaurants and the Little Venice quarter famed for its spectacular sunset.
- Skip the beach for the day and browse Mykonos’ best shops. The shops in Mykonos Town are open until late, with laid-back, bohemian boutiques selling beach clothing, sandals, art, and jewellery.
- Book a guided tour around the nearby island of Delos to discover all about ancient Greek history and myths. Only half an hour away by ferry, you’ll see iconic landmarks like the Roman-era Agora ruins and the Temple of Apollo.
- Take a scuba diving or snorkelling trip to swim in the crystal-clear waters and scenic dive sites just off the coast.
- Mykonos has many events and festivals that may coincide with your package holiday. In June, July and August, annual religious festivals take place where villages honour their saints with traditional dances, music and food. There’s also the Harvest Festival in September and Apokreas (Carnival season) in the three weeks prior to the fasting of Lent.