Many of the 10 million people who call Indonesia’s capital home have roots elsewhere, and it’s this diverse mix of traditions, ethnicities and cuisine that make Jakarta a cultural melting pot worth exploring. The diverse, vibrant city is brimming with historical monuments, squares and buildings, as well as great food, which only adds to its allure.
Discover this bustling south Asian megalopolis with a package holiday to Jakarta with Qatar Airways Holidays.
- Head to the city’s huge 1-sq km focal point, Merdeka Square, before taking in the views from the top of the 132-metre Monas obelisk monument at the square’s centre.
- Wander around the galleries of The National Museum that are brimming with millennia-old artefacts and exhibits.
- Take the whole family to the 100-hectare Taman Mini Indonesia Indah amusement park.
- Wander around the impressive Jin de Yuan Chinese Buddhist temple.
- Relax and people watch in busy cobblestone Taman Fatahillah square.
Jakarta Holiday Packages
Whether you’re spending your entire getaway exploring everything Jakarta has to offer or using its location as a gateway to the rest of Indonesia, holiday packages to Jakarta with Qatar Airways Holidays mean you can discover this buzzing destination your own way. If you prefer luxury accommodation or family-friendly hotels, a Jakarta package holiday can be tailored to meet your needs.
Discover authentic Indonesian cuisine with culinary packages to Jakarta too. From delicious dishes in fine dining restaurants to the food stalls of Jalan Kampung Lima or Lenggang Jakarta, you can sample a range of traditional Indonesian flavours while you’re here. Don’t miss the city’s unique curries, spicy fried chicken, or signature piseng goreng (fried banana).
Good to know
Jakarta has the Indonesian tropical climate of two distinct seasons. The best time to visit is during the dry season of April to September, where you can enjoy minimal rain, and temperatures ranging from 23-32 °C. The wet season is from October through to March, although you will find the temperatures a little cooler during this period, which makes it good for sightseeing.
Jakarta Holidays Experiences
- Relax on the sweeping beach or dive in the crystal waters of Thousand Islands, a beautiful island just a few hours boat ride from Jakarta. Perfect for a weekend escape away from the city, make sure you pack some snorkels to watch the turtles swimming under the sea.
- Take the kids to the Dunia Fantasi (Fantasy World) theme park where they’ll be entertained with a fun and fascinating mix of modern science and technology.
- There are some spectacular places to shop in Jakarta, including a huge selection of shopping malls. From the Pacific Place Jakarta to Mal Taman Anggrek and Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, the city has plenty of multi-storey shopping complexes that cater for both chic shoppers and entertainment-seeking families. As well as its malls, Jakarta is also filled with traditional markets and intriguing shopping streets.
- Expand the whole family's cultural horizons and attend one of the events or festivals in Jakarta’s jam-packed calendar. Some of the best include Lunar New Year Festival, numerous events related to the Jakarta Anniversary and Independence Day.