Located where the River Danube and the River Sava meet, Belgrade is the capital of Serbia. It’s quickly established itself as a superb holiday destination, with plenty to offer. The city’s skyline is a very ordered collection of imposing, pale buildings, capped with red roofs and interrupted only by the occasional spire or looming dome. At street level, Belgrade’s tempo is very laid-back and relaxed, making it a welcoming and friendly city. People prefer to stroll, rather than rush around, giving them time to take in the sights and listen to the live folk music that seems to follow you wherever you go.
Package holidays to Belgrade with Qatar Airways Holidays are a great way to acquaint yourself with a city that is proud of its unique history.
- Take a trip along the confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers on a floating restaurant. Enjoy a delicious meal while soaking up the sights and don’t forget to take your camera.
- The Gardos Tower was built in the late 1800s, to commemorate the death of a Hungarian war hero, Janos Hunyadi. A tall, imposing structure, it’s visually impressive and worth visiting.
- Budding scientists will enjoy a trip to the Nikola Tesla Museum. Celebrating the life and work of Serbia’s most-famous physicist, the museum holds hundreds upon hundreds of books, notes and paperwork related to his work in the field of electricity. There are plenty of interactive exhibits for younger visitors, making this a great day out for the whole family.
- Any shoppers in your group can hunt down a bargain in Knez Mihailova Street. Lined with beautiful and historic buildings that house quirky, boutique shops and designer stores, this is the place for some serious retail therapy.
Belgrade Holiday Packages
The centre of Belgrade is pedestrianised making it easy to explore. You’ll find rows and rows of unique shops and some excellent cafés and restaurants. To see the city from a different perspective, take a stroll along the banks of the Danube, where you’ll find more coffee shops, places to eat, and riverboats offering tranquil tours. When it comes to accommodation, you’ll find some outstanding and luxurious hotels and a wide selection of attractions to explore and investigate.
Serbia’s food scene is relatively undiscovered and culinary packages to Belgrade will introduce you to a cuisine that’s as exciting and eclectic as the city itself. Be sure to try Sarma, a dish made from cabbage and mincemeat, which has been a Serbian staple since the days of the Ottoman Empire. Street food is available on almost every corner, but you can also enjoy elegant dishes served in refined restaurants.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Belgrade Holidays Experiences
- Immerse yourself in the city’s arts’ scene and visit the Museum of Contemporary Art. An Aladdin’s cave of works from the 20th and 21st Centuries, the art is housed in a stunning building, set in a beautiful sculpture garden.
- Book your holiday packages to Belgrade with Qatar Airways Holidays in November and experience the illuminating Festival of Lights. With plenty of games and activities for children, the festival culminates with a torchlit procession and a fantastic firework display.
- Set in lush gardens, the fortress of Kalemegdan is an iconic part of Belgrade’s cityscape. Built by the Romans, it now houses shops, restaurants and around 1700 animals, in the form of Belgrade Zoo.
- If you’re visiting during the summer and need some entertainment for younger visitors, you’ll find a good selection of water parks in Belgrade. Epik and Luna Park can be found a short drive from the city, while you’ll find Aqua Fun close to its centre.
- The months between April and September offer the best weather for package holidays to Belgrade. Expect temperatures in the mid-to-high 20s °C.