Blending history with culture, Berlin is incredibly cool, exhilarating and dazzling. Visit Checkpoint Charlie, experience the buzzing nightlife at either a Michelin-Starred restaurant or just trying a famous currywurst from a street vendor. Indulge in retail therapy, or learn more about modern history – it's all packed into Germany's beating heart.
Berlin Holiday Packages
Berlin is the epitome of cool and has an abundance of boutique and luxury hotels. Qatar Airways Holidays have everything you need to plan the perfect city break to the German Capital.
Cultural packages, tour packages, culinary packages, there is plenty of offer to help you plan the perfect getaway to this incredible European city.
Good to know
GMT+1 hour, Summer GMT+2 hours
Berlin Holidays Experiences
- Grit meets glamour in this bustling, modern metropolis, yet it maintains an unpretentious air that is more suited to an international 'village' rather than a capital city. Although quite large the main sites are compacted and the city is easily explored on foot, on a bicycle or by public transport.
- Berlin is shaped by everyone from Bismarck to Bowie and its history hits you wherever you turn. A lot has happened to this city in a century and here you will feel history come alive. Walk along the remnants of the Berlin Wall, visit Checkpoint Charlie or stand in the room the Holocaust was planned, here you feel history as well as see it.
- The Brandenburg Gate is a reminder of Berlin’s communist past, a symbol of division during the Cold War years, it now represents German reunification. Originally completed in 1791 as the royal city gate, it stood sentinel over Pariser Platz, a square framed by international embassies.
- Berlin’s most iconic building is the Reichstag. With a colourful past it is now the home to the German parliament. Its glittering glass dome can be accessed by lift and offers 360-degree views of the city. There is a free audio guide available within the dome which details the building, the landmarks you can see, and the parliament it now houses.
- With everything from Michelin starred restaurants to stands selling currywurst, you will not fail to be amazed by the food available in Berlin. Its multicultural population means you can also eat in a variety of international restaurants. Berlin is the city that truly never sleeps and you will find that cafés are jam packed even in the early hours of the morning.