Attracting sun seekers, beach lovers and history enthusiasts alike, Cyprus offers so many things to so many people. With a moderate climate all year round, it provides all-year sunshine that attracts couples, young families and those looking for that Mediterranean party atmosphere. Known as Aphrodite’s Island you are bound to fall in love with the long sandy beaches, pine covered hills and archaeological sites. For such a small island they fit a lot in!
Cyprus Holiday Packages
Many luxury hotels line the beautiful sandy beaches of Cyprus. Browse the selection available at Qatar Airways Holidays to start your holiday in the perfect way. Once your accommodation is planned, why not look at one of the tour packages or culinary packages on offer? With so many activities available to you on this small island, let Qatar Airways Holiday put together the perfect holiday package for you, and your family.
Good to know
GMT+2 hours, Summer GMT+3 hours
Greek, Turkish, English
- Relax on the golden sands of the Blue Flag awarded beaches whilst taking in the spectacular views of the Troodos Mountains. The shallow, clear blue waters make it perfect for families. Once you are done relaxing, explore this mythical island. Paphos’ most popular attraction is the Tombs of the Kings. The underground tombs, carved out of solid rock, date from the 4th Century BC and once belonged to high officials.
- When visiting the Toodos Mountains you will see monasteries and churches clinging to the hill slopes. The beautifully persevered Kykkos Monastery is ornately decorated with mosaics and gold icons. This is a fantastic opportunity to understand the history, and traditions of the Cypriot people. Whilst in the mountains stop and have lunch at the village of Kakopetria, home to one of 10 UNESCO protected Byzantine churches, Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis (Agios Nikolaos of the Roof), and many wonderful tavernas.
- Limassol is the ideal choice for those looking for luxury hotels, fantastic beaches and a host of activities. There is a long cycling route which leads all the way to the centre of Limassol, which offers plenty of restaurants with mouth watering local cuisine.
- Visiting Cyprus between November and April is the perfect time to really explore the island. There are plenty of opportunities to get off-road and into the surrounding countryside, exploring hiking trails, going horse riding and heading onto the well-marked cycle paths. There are four championship golf courses and between January and March you can Ski in the Troodos Mountains.
- Cypriot cuisine is a combination of Greek and Middle Eastern, due to the Turkish occupation of the island. One of Cyprus’ most famous dishes is ‘kleftiko’, matured lamb and potatoes cooked in a traditional clay oven.