Bulgaria is a charming country that has so much to offer; it really should be right at the top of your 'must see' list. Combining stunning coastlines and sandy beaches, classical architecture and miles of beautiful countryside, Bulgaria is a warm and welcoming place full of excitement, entertainment, and fun. A package holiday to Bulgaria with Qatar Airways Holidays gives you a chance to beat the crowds and discover this pretty country for yourself. Relaxed, crowd-free and with surprises around every corner, Bulgaria is one of those destinations that you'll keep coming back to again and again.
- Spend some time in Sophia, the nation’s capital and a city filled with open spaces, classical buildings, and wonderfully chic café culture.
- Go hiking on Mount Vitosha, or visit during the winter season for superb skiing without the usual crowds you’ll find in other more popular resorts.
- Bask on Sunny Beach, next to the UNESCO World Heritage town of Nessebar, or take the children to one of the region’s water parks for a splashing good time.
- Explore the Burgas Region, including the Black Sea coast and the surrounding countryside. Book a hire car and go exploring, or stay in one of the many resorts in this part of Bulgaria for a great package holiday.
- Coincide your package holiday to Bulgaria with Qatar Airways Holidays to catch one of the many music festivals throughout the year. Look out for the International Chamber Music Festival in Plovdiv in June, or the Sophia Music Weeks in May and June.
Bulgaria Holiday Packages
It may not be the largest of the Baltic countries, but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for in personality and interest. From sweeping national parks filled with wildlife to sophisticated cities filled with culture and fabulous cuisine, Bulgarian package holidays put together the best that this charming country has to offer. From the crowd-free, laid-back town of Sozopol to the glorious Rose Valley in Kazanlak, the superb powder snow of Bansko ski resort or the ancient history of Rousse, there’s something for everyone in Bulgaria.
The country’s cuisine is unique too, with strong Turkish and Greek influences that blend beautifully with the country’s traditional dairy products and rich stews. A culinary package to Bulgaria with Qatar Airways Holidays lets you sample some of the best Bulgarian food, from delicious banitsa pastries to turshia pickled vegetables and rich, warming soups.
Good to know
GMT+2 hours, Summer GMT+3 hours
Bulgarian, English, Russian
- For family holidays, the beach resorts of the Black Sea Coast region offer sunshine, sandy shores, and child-friendly attractions, as well as excellent accommodation options. Stay in the busy resort of Burgas, or seek out the more relaxed atmosphere of smaller resorts such as the pretty Pomorie, or the exclusive Primorsko.
- Go hiking in the fabulous Balkan Mountains and climb the towering Mount Musala, or explore the rolling pastures and green slopes of the Rhodope Mountains in the south, where time seems to have slowed to a crawl, and the traditional Bulgarian way of life can still be seen.
- Explore the shops and markets of Sophia, from the luxury boutiques of Vitosha Boulevard to the huge open-air market of Zhenski Pazar, packed with bargains. For handmade crafts, trinkets from the Communist era and general bric-a-brac, check out the Malashevtsi flea market.