The Jewel of Kedah is a charming string of 99 islands approximately 30km off the coast of Malaysia. Famous for its natural beauty, Langkawi is a rival for the more well-known hotspots of Bali, but without the crowds. It’s laid back, luxurious and relaxed, providing world-weary travellers with a wonderful oasis of peace and tranquillity, surrounded by azure oceans and tropical forests.
Book a package holiday to Langkawi with Qatar Airways Holidays, and you’ll discover an exclusive and unique tropical paradise where you can escape the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- See the stunning Telaga Tujuh or Seven Wells waterfalls, a string of natural pools and waterfalls approximately 45km from Kuah. Take a trek through the surrounding jungle, or climb the 350 steps to the seven pools and take a swim in the calm waters.
- Soar above the main heart of the island on the cable car, which offers up some fabulous views of Pantai Cenang and the Seven Wells waterfalls.
- Explore the soft sandy beaches including the popular Pantai Cenang beach at the southwestern tip of the island. With a beach over 2km long, there’s plenty of room for everyone, as well as excellent water sports and family-friendly facilities.
- Find some inner peace on a yoga retreat, where you can perfect your sun salutations on the beach.
- Island-hop along some of the archipelago’s uninhabited dots of land. Make sure your tour takes in the stunning Pregnant Maiden Island and its beautiful lake.
- Cheer on the competitors and take part in some water sports yourself during the Langkawi International Water Festival in April. Events are on offer all around the main island.
Langkawi Holiday Packages
Designated as a UNESCO Geopark in 2007, the whole of the Langkawi island chain is best known for the stunning natural beauty and unique habitats. The main island is very tourist-orientated, providing you with the luxury accommodation and facilities you would expect from a top-quality package holiday to Langkawi with Qatar Airways Holidays. However, it’s easy to escape the hustle and bustle by simply island hopping. There are plenty of beaches to relax on, and charter yachts are plentiful to take you on your own adventures offshore.
Langkawi has a unique culture, and that’s reflected in its spicy, delicious cuisine that makes the most of the natural bounty of the sea. Culinary packages to Langkawi let you sample some of the more exotic flavours of this part of the region. If you want the best seafood then look for the beach shacks that line some of the more remote spots, serving freshly caught shrimp and crab. An island speciality is fresh terubuk (shad), or delicately fried cuttlefish served with a spicy sauce.
Good to know
Malay, Chinese, English
240V 50 Hz
Langkawi Holidays Experiences
- Go jungle trekking in the rainforest. Guided tours will take you into the heart of the island’s interior and away from the usual tourist crowds.
- Take a breath-taking stroll along the Langkawi Sky Bridge, a real marvel of engineering and a unique platform from which to see the island’s lush interior rainforest.
- Explore the underwater world with scuba diving and snorkelling in Pulau Payar Marine Park, approximately 20km south of Langkawi.
- Hit the heights with a helicopter ride over the islands – a surprisingly affordable treat and the experience of a lifetime.
- Meet some of the island’s less friendly inhabitants at Crocodile Adventureland, home to over 1,000 alligators and crocodiles.
- Go shopping – Langkawi is a Duty-Free island, so you’ll find plenty of bargains in the shops. The best place to break out the credit card is the Zon Duty-Free Shopping Complex or the Langkawi Parade Megamall.