The 400-year-old Indian city of Hyderabad is an endearing mix of old and new. The busy lanes of the ancient quarter are overlooked by the impressive architecture of the Old City, while the megamalls and entertainment venues in the Cyberabad district west of the centre have a more modern appeal.
Once overlooked as a tourist destination, a package holiday to Hyderabad with Qatar Airways Holidays has become popular with those looking to discover its compelling past and still experience its ever-evolving present.
- Marvel at the impressive 16th-century Golconda Fort, which sits on top of a towering 120m-high granite hill.
- Take in the colossal size of Hyderabad’s instantly recognisable Charminar landmark. Built in 1591 the huge 56m-high structure boasts four columns, four arches, and topped with four minarets.
- Visit the historic Qutb Shahi tombs, where seven of the eight Qutb Shahi rulers are buried.
- Enjoy magnificent sunset views over the city from the white marble Birla Mandir temple, which took over ten years to build.
Hyderabad Holiday Packages
Whether it’s budget-friendly hostel accommodation you’re after or a luxury hotel to relax in after a busy day of sightseeing, holiday packages to Hyderabad with Qatar Airways Holidays can be tailored to match your needs. Culinary packages to Hyderabad let you explore all the South Indian cuisine the city has on offer, from sampling a mouth-watering pizza dosa (thin rice crepe) to seeking out the top biryani spots. The food makes good use of local herbs and spices, and is rich in flavour, making Hyderabad a hot-spot for food lovers.
With flights, transfers and hotels included, a Hyderabad package holiday with Qatar Airways Holidays means planning your perfect trip couldn’t be easier.
Good to know
Telugu, Urdu, English
220-230V 50 Hz
Located in one of India’s southern states, Hyderabad has a warm climate. The best time to travel to the city is during the cooler months of October to February, which still has highs of 31°C and lows of a still-pleasant 18°C. The summer season is between March and May, with April and May being the hottest months of the year when temperatures soar to 45°C.
Hyderabad Holidays Experiences
- Explore Hyderabad’s rich and regal history with a full day’s sightseeing tour, which takes in the Fort at Golconda, Qutb Shahi tombs and the landmarks at the Old City.
- Ideal for film buffs, take a tour around Ramoji Film City where famous ‘Tollywood’ films and TV shows are made.
- Double take at the exhibits at the Sudha Cars Museum, which is home to cars and bikes in the shape of a cricket bat, computer and lipstick and all created by auto-enthusiast K Sudhakar.
- Wander around the 39 galleries at the Salar Jung Museum, packed with sculptures, European fine art, historical manuscripts and much more.
- Hyderabad comes alive every year with various festivals and celebrations, including Diwali in November and the popular five-day Deccan festival celebrated around February or March.