The sensational sweep from nature to city and back again makes Nairobi the perfect holiday destination for those who desire the best of both worlds. While the Kenyan capital boasts all the modern amenities you could hope for - including spectacular restaurants, shops, and cultural institutions – you are never more than a few minutes away from spotting a zebra, elephant, or graceful giraffe. A package holiday to Nairobi with Qatar Airways Holidays is an unmissable opportunity to experience East Africa at its most exciting.
• Explore a city that switches from skyscrapers and highways one minute, to grassland and wild animals the next. Nairobi’s unique layout means that large pockets of the city have been left to develop naturally and savannah wildlife flourishes within the city boundaries.
• Discover a capital that’s at the forefront of African fashion, literature, and art movements, and is making a name for itself as one of the trendiest cities on the continent.
• Enjoy a variety of specialist museums, each of which offers a fascinating insight into the region’s history, culture, and natural heritage.
• Taste some of the country’s finest foods and dine out at a variety of high-end restaurants, many of which are pushing Kenyan cuisine in intriguing and interesting new directions.
Nairobi Holiday Packages
For those that enjoy a city that keeps you on the move, Nairobi is an excellent choice. Whether you’re heading out on a safari excursion, visiting one of the nearby nature reserves, shopping your way through the city, or taking a trip to the coast for some water-based fun, Kenya’s capital has it all.
Culinary packages to Nairobi allow you to sample the city’s contemporary take on Kenyan cuisine, and the many museums and galleries demonstrate its cultural influence. Holiday packages to Nairobi with Qatar Airways Holidays give you the opportunity to experience this vibrant city while staying in luxury hotels and travelling in style.
Good to know
Nairobi’s position close to the equator means that there is not a great amount of difference between its seasons. Generally, there are two wetter periods, running from April to May and then November to December. The city is hottest between December and March, but temperatures are consistent throughout the year. The average high is between 20-25°C all year round. In June and July evening temperatures can drop to below 10°C.
Nairobi Holidays Experiences
• Step out on safari to spot the ‘Big Five.’ Kenya’s incredible wildlife means that you’ve got a good chance of seeing lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalo, and elephants on your very first trip.
• Head north to trek through the UNESCO World Heritage Site surrounding Mt. Kenya. With a variety of hiking trails and routes of varying difficulties, you can explore the region’s wilderness at your own pace.
• Visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, where orphaned elephants and rhinos are raised in safety and visitors can watch and interact with them as they’re fed.
• Follow up a fantastic dining experience with plenty of dancing and music in one of the many entertainment venues throughout the city.